[tps_header]Autumn is the perfect time to wrap yourself in your duvet, watch a great film and snack on popcorn! How about breaking out your popcorn machine and experimenting with new seasonings and flavours? Start the season off in a festive way with these three autumn flavoured popcorn recipes.
White Chocolate Cranberry Harvest Popcorn
What you’ll need:
- 80g popped popcorn (plain no salt or butter)
- 200g brown sugar (packed)
- 110g butter
- 60 ml corn syrup
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag of cranberry-orange dried fruit
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- 30g chopped pecans
- 30g pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Preheat oven to 90 degrees Celsius.
- Pour plain popped popcorn into a large bowl coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, heat brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over medium heat. Stir occasionally until bubbly around the edges. Continue heating & stirring for a few minutes longer, then remove from heat.
- Quickly whisk in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir until coated.
- Add cranberry-orange dried fruit, white chocolate chips, chopped pecans & pepitas, Stir until well coated.
- Place mixture into an ungreased 32.5 cm × 22.5 cm pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & spread on waxed paper to cool.