This month, we’re hitting the streets of London to dive deep into its musical history and learn the secrets to mastering the 70s Brit Rock trend. Along with the Scottish countryside, Brit Rock is one of the main themes running through our Autumn Shop, so we were excited to uncover its roots. Come on, girls, join us for a tour of the capital! We’ll not only give you tips on how to style your autumn looks but also where to eat, where to go out and where to shop!
Where To Shop
- Oxford Street: Everyone’s heard of it. It’s one of the most famous and busiest streets in London, where you can find all kinds of big shops, including Topshop, Mango, Aldo and H&M. If you’re into luxury brands and more expensive shopping, you can also head down to Regent Street, which crosses Oxford Street and Oxford Circus.
- Covent Garden: If you walk around Covent Garden, you’ll find plenty of restaurants, cafes and shops, such as Zara, Mango, Aldo, The Body Shop and even the Apple Store. We recommend “getting lost” in the little side streets, where you can find smaller boutiques.
- Harrods: Known as one of the world’s most famous department stores, Harrods is a must-visit. It’s pricey to say the least, but it’s worth a trip nevertheless, even just to admire the Egyptian-inspired décor!
- Brick Lane: Located in East London, this is definitely a hip part of town. Here, you can shop antiques, vintage clothing and even food. Great for a weekend roam-around! You can also find art shows, and sometimes, there are sample sales with designer brands – woohoo! If this is more your vibe, make Camden Town another stop on your list, where you can walk around the fruit and veg market as well as the flea market. It’s the heart of London’s rock/punk scene, and you don’t want to miss it!
Need a new pair of boots? Of course you do! Visit our Boot Shop for the hottest autumn styles!
Our Style Pick:
Where To Eat
- Covent Garden: Home to many cafes and restaurants, featuring cuisines from all over the world. You’ll definitely find something to please everyone’s taste buds here. Soho, where you can find more bustling pubs, bars and restaurants, and Chinatown, close to Leicester Square, are also a short walk away.
- Southbank: You can dine with a view of the Thames and follow your meal with a stroll by the river. There’s usually a lot of things going on in Southbank (pop-up festivals), like a beer garden and a mini winter wonderland. Just go for a casual walk, and you’re sure to find a great place to have a pint or a bite to eat!
- When in London… head to a pub for a traditional English meal and a pint. There are plenty of nice ones to choose from. Looking for a more traditional vibe? Why not try the Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, one of the oldest pubs in the city?
- Heading to London for a special occasion? If you’ve got a bit more money to spend, head to Liverpool Street or around Bank, where you can find a group of more elite restaurants, such as Sushi Samba, at the top of Heron Tower (you also have Duck & Waffle in the same building, which serves breakfast 24/7), Sky Garden or even the Shard – all of which boast amazing views of London. Perfect for selfies!
Tip: If you’re wearing court shoes to dinner, make sure you pack a comfy pair of ballet pumps in your bag. Walking in London can take a toll on your feet!
Our Style Pick:
Where To Go Out
- Camden Town: There are plenty of bars and clubs with a Rock ‘n’ Roll vibe to choose from. Our fave? KOKO.
- Electric Brixton: This is one of South London’s best dance venues, hosting regular drum ‘n’ bass, electronica and dance nights, plus big name DJs. Get ready to dance until the early hours!
- Ministry of Sound: This world-renowned club has four dance floors, four bars and five distinctive rooms. It’s also known for hosting big names, like David Guetta, Armin Van Buuren and Tieto. You’re going to love London’s #1 for Dance and House!
- Queen of Hoxton: This is definitely one of London’s hippest clubs. It boasts two dance floors, lively party nights and a rooftop garden with beautiful views of the city. What’s not to love?
Tip: High-heeled shoes, a sexy dress and an eye-catching bag are clubbing essentials!
Our Style Pick:
Autumn is all about bundling up in stylish coats and jackets. Check out our topsellers here!
Are you going to try the trend? Show us your fave Brit Rock looks via Facebook and Instagram!