I don’t know about you, but no matter what time of day it is, I love to snack. With summer (aka – bikini season!) right around the corner, it’s time to say no to crisps and channel your inner health guru. Here are some healthy, guilt-free (but still yummy!) snacks to get you through the day.
1. Green smoothie – Blend spinach, watercress, kale, green apple, banana, mint, cucumber, lemon juice, water and ice. It looks intimidating, but it’s delicious, I promise. This is a great way to start the day, and it makes me feel wide awake in the morning!
2. Mixed berries – Mix strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries in a bowl – no sugar necessary! Plus it looks really pretty.
3. Greek yoghurt and oats – Combine plain Greek yoghurt, oats, sliced almonds, lemon juice and honey for the perfect post-breakfast snack.
4. Bananas, apples and almond butter – Self-explanatory and simply delightful.
5. Tomato, beetroot and goat cheese salad – Slice up tomatoes and beetroots, drizzle balsamic vinaigrette on top and enjoy with a small side of goat cheese. Add some baby spinach for some greens!
6. Edamame – Simple as that! Add a pinch of sea salt for flavour.
7. Veggies and hummus – I have a slight obsession with hummus. I could eat it by the spoonful, but at the risk of getting weird looks, I eat it with veggies instead.
8. Parmesan broccoli – Freshly grated parmesan melted over a small serving of warm broccoli makes for a great afternoon bite.
9. Avocado toast – Slice avocado and place it on freshly toasted whole grain bread. This is also a super trendy snack at the moment and it will get you all kinds of envious looks.
Which snack are you going to try first?